Early on Sunday, June 19, a 21-year-old woman was killed by a drunk driver in Dallas. Eunise Chavez and her friend were involved in a hit-and-run crash on U.S. Route 75 at about 3:25 am. The single driver fled the scene, leaving the two girls on the side of the highway. After getting out of the car to talk to a witness, Chavez was hit by a maroon Audi driven by Michelle Davis. Chavez was killed instantly. Davis was charged with intoxication manslaughter and accident involving serious bodily injury. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Eunise Chavez during this difficult time.
When you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, it is crucial that you stay as safe as possible. It can be incredibly scary when you are involved in a serious accident and the other driver leaves the scene. Here are a few simple steps to follow if you find yourself involved in a hit-and-run accident:
- Remain calm and move to the side of the road.
- Unless you are in immediate danger, stay in the car if you are driving.
- Call emergency personnel and wait for their arrival.
- Try to remain as still as possible, as you may be injured and not know.
- Try to get witness information and ask them to take pictures of the scene.
- After you are safe and have been checked by a medical professional, contact your attorney.
Attorney Joe Lucé has helped countless clients and their families who have suffered injuries or death due to car accidents. We understand that having a severe injury or grieving the loss of a loved one is an overwhelming experience. We will help you in any way possible to get the financial support you need to help with the process.