What To Do When Your Employer Doesn’t Provide Workers’ Comp

What To Do When Your Employer Doesn't Provide Workers' CompWhen your employer is a “non-subscriber” and does not provide workers’ compensation, it doesn’t mean that you are out of luck. Workers in Texas can access the workers’ compensation state-regulated program that can help pay medical bills and some lost wages while the employee is off of work. If you have been injured on the job, it is important that you speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Contact AttorneyJoe Lucé at Joe Knows Law for more information about workers’ compensation coverage.

What to Do After an Injury

If you have been injured during the course of your employment, you will need first to notify your employer that the injury occurred and seek medical attention. You will also want to fill out a “Notice of Injury” packet that will help get you the workers’ compensation while you are out of work. You submit your paperwork to the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation. They do not pay benefits directly to you but help facilitate and regulate workers’ compensation benefits.

Who to Turn to For Assistance

If you feel a bit lost in the process, you can always contact a workers’ compensation attorney to assist you. They will be able to help you fill out the forms necessary and request compensation for your injuries and lost wages. Attorney Joe Lucé has extensive experience regarding workers’ compensation claims and can help guide you through the process from start to end. If you have any specific questions, you can call our office and set up an appointment to meet with Joe and discuss your case. You do have options for monetary reimbursement!

For more information regarding workers’ compensation and your employer, contact Joe Knows Law. Call (972) 562-9700 to schedule your initial consultation today!