The McKinney Courier-Gazette reported that on June 17, 2016, a deadly crash occurred that resulted in one injury and one fatality. At 11:45 pm, authorities were called to an auto accident on 4300 block of North McDonald Street. A head-on collision occurred in the southbound lanes, blocking traffic. One driver involved died at the scene, and the other was transported to a local medical facility for treatment. Authorities did not release the name of either driver, and they stated that an investigation is underway as to the cause of the crash. Our thoughts are with the families who were impacted by this accident.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a McKinney Accident
Car accidents in McKinney are all too common. Negligent and reckless drivers are in abundance and cause injury and death each day. It is important that you prepare yourself, so you can react quickly when you have been in a car accident. Do the following:
- Pull to the side of the road, away from traffic.
- Call 9-1-1 and assess your physical injuries.
- Stay in the car unless there is an immediate danger.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Ask witnesses on the scene to take pictures of the accident scene.
- Take pictures of any injuries you have sustained.
- Get thoroughly checked by a medical professional.
- Call an experienced car accident attorney.
If you have been involved in a car crash in McKinney or the surrounding area, make sure to contact Joe Knows Law online or call (972) 562-9700 to schedule your free initial consultation.. He can assist you in getting the compensation you deserve.